The diversity of modern block wall materials have created virtually endless creative possibilities for our designers. And some of our most interesting creations skillfully blend natural and man made products which are especially spectacular. Be sure to play thru the gallery photos to see just a few examples of our work.
|52215 Lilac Rd South Bend, Indiana 46628||(574)277-2424 - 866-892-6737 ..|
Retaining WallsIf you're looking for a great landscape company to design and install your retaining wall, drop us an email or give us a call! If you decide to try and build a retaining wall yourself, please review the following tips on landscape retaining walls to make sure it is built correctly. Refer to the Unilock or Rockwood websites for more detailed information.
Landscape wall tips1. Be sure to review manufacturers instructions and specifications for your retaining wall.
2. If building a block retaining wall, height must be less than the limit set by the manufacturer
3. Your block retaining wall must be built on a COMPACTED BASE. See specifications for details
4. Most retaining walls require that one or more courses be buried
5. Drain tiles and gravel are often required behind landscaping retaining walls to relieve water pressure
6. Be sure to compact soils behind your landscaping retaining wall according to manufactures specifications
7. Retaining walls built from natural stone should lean back into the soil to be retained
8. Filter fabric behind stone retaining walls will prevent soil from washing thru gaps in the stones
9. Use large fieldstones for the retaining wall base and build upwards with progressively smaller stones
10. Retaining walls made from pressure treated timbers or railroad ties should have a compacted base
11 For wood timber retaining walls, be sure to setback each course 1"